Hawaii Youth Sailing Association #8 2012 Regatta Notice of Race
Notice of Race
HYSA # 8
Sunday, October 7th 2012
Makani Kai Yacht Club
45-995 WAILELE ROAD, SUITE 81 · KANEOHE, HAWAII 96744
1. RULES: The regatta will be governed by the 2009-20012 Racing Rules of Sailing, prescriptions of US SAILING, and the Sailing Instructions.
2. ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY:
2.1 The regatta is open to EI Toro A, B, C, C-2, C-3, C-4, Laser A and B, O'pen Bic.
2.2 Competitors must be current members of Hawaii Youth Sailing Association (HYSA).
2.3 Entry Fee will be $10 for US Sailing members and $12 for non-members.
2.4 Registration will be available on-line through Regatta Network at www.regattanetwork.com. On-site registration will also be available on the morning of the event.
3. NOTICE TO COMPETITORS: Notices to competitors will be posted on the KYC bulletin board.
4. CHANGES IN THE SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Any changes in the sailing instructions will be posted before 10:00 am on the KYC bulletin board.
5. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: Registration and launching will take place at Kaneohe Yacht Club.
900 Registration opens with donuts at Kaneohe Yacht Club
1000 Skippers Meeting at Kaneohe Yacht Club
1100 First Race. Race 2-5 immediately following. No race will start later than 1430.
1400 Approximate time of last race start
1600 BBQ and Awards at Makani Kai Yacht Club
6. SCORING: The Low Point Scoring System, RRS Appendix A, will apply. Each boat's series score will be the total of her race scores, discarding her worst score if, and only if, five or more races are completed.
7. NUMBER OF RACES: Five races will be attempted, but the regatta will be scored based on the number of races completed in the allotted time.
8. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The sailing instructions will be posted at the skippers meeting.
9. ALTERATIONS IN RACING RULES: Rule 61.1.1 has been modified in that a flag is not required to lodge a protest.
10. COURSE: The courses to be sailed will be hailed from the race committee boat before each race.
11. PROTESTS: Protests must be filed within one half hour after the race committee boat docks.
12. PRIZES: Prizes shall be awarded to the top three skippers in each class.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information contact Bill DeRego of MKYC at 386-6313.